01 January 2014

New Years Day 2014 - New Beginnings

Today's title may sound like an oxymoron, but it isn't. I have begun a number of things a number of times and so I begin again with a few personal goals--eat more healthy, lose pounds, exercise faithfully, be smart with money, read more, being kinder, and keep up with this blog.



This blog is not so much for others, but mostly for me. First off, I love to write (and have received compliments for this...thank you very much). When we lived in California, I wrote local interest articles for a glossy-covered magazine titled Coast Views. BTW, I got an email yesterday that the magazine is shutting down due to the editor retiring. Yah for Gwen!

I don't need to write college papers at this point in time. I don't draw up lesson plans for United Airlines customer service agent classes. I don't even write letters any more. With email, it is just short quick news blasts. So no real place to keep my writing skills sharp.

In 2012, my Uncle Kit got me going on Ancestry.com (another thing I need to spend serious time researching). Working on Ancestry got me thinking about mortality and about how little I know of my heritage and the lives of my past relatives. And that lead to thinking about special and even mundane moments in my life. And, at the end of 2012, Mike and I started serious tripping, taking extensive road trips around the U.S.

So between all these things, I felt the need to document my life, our life. As I grow older I want to be able to look back and read what a wonderful life we've had. And maybe the next generation or someone else would be interested or enjoy those memories also.

So I soldier on with my thoughtful meanderings. Whether anyone else reads or not, it's all OK. We don't have much planned travel-wise this year, so much of our "tripping" will be down memory lane in future blogs. 

I wish all a happy and healthy new year. If you have those two things you are wealthy as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have visited any of these places, we would love to hear your comments. Or send us recommendations of places we should not miss.