22 August 2019

Russia 2019 (27) - Russian Photo Finish

Readers,

I subscribe to a travel blog by Peter Greenburg. Each week folks send in photos and Peter chooses one to be his "Photo of the Week." Over time I have entered 10-12, but never got a nod. Last week, however, I was surprised to see my photo in his blog as the winner. Very exciting for me!

Thanks, Peter, for blog publishing my photo. It is a favorite of many of our friends out the of 4,000+ photos I took on this Russian trip.

UPDATE: Huge mistake!! I remembered entering Red Square from the Kremlin through a gated arch like the one above and assumed this arch was that same arch. But I kept looking at this photo and could not rectify the angle.

How could I be taking a photo entering Red Square through the Kremlin wall, yet that same wall could be seen in the far background. I finally figured out this was actually taken from the main entrance of the GUM store toward the Kremlin, a similar looking arch.

A joke on me and Peter Greenberg. I'm surprised he did not catch the error. Wonder if he will get emails about it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have visited any of these places, we would love to hear your comments. Or send us recommendations of places we should not miss.